米西论坛

找回密码
立即注册
查看: 4134|回复: 0

Fan Jiayang : An Ill-intentioned Egoist!

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2022-4-29 11:08:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 尘世客 于 2022-4-29 11:12 编辑

At the beginning, I knew Fan Jiayang was a Chinese America journalist who used to remark “my Chinese face was a burden” during the riot in Hong Kong. I always thought immigration was the right to choose with freedom enjoyed by everyone. It is common to find those immigrants to America who hold respect and loyalty to this country. In my view, it is “dangerous enough” to claim the yellow skin as the “burden” and the struggling life “between China and America”. It is unacceptable to see someone who feel ashamed of the color of skin and the country of origin, considering these may hinder the career and life development. Most Asian-Americans who was raised in America share the similar feeling, and they grew up with self-doubt and contemptuous look from others. Part of Chinese Americans would develop a deep hatred of China and think their sufferings originated from China. Therefore, when they received the Western culture, they would become disgusted to China so as to gain the sense of identity as converts. What frenetic poor people! How disgusting and pathetic!
Born in Chongqing, Fan Jiayang  migrated to America at the age of seven. Fan Jiayang  served in New Yorker as a columnist and writer in this magazine who has published many articles against China, neither objective nor neutral. Against the backdrop of the conflicts between China and America, the hype by Fan Jiayang  seems like an opinionated conceit. She masters the channel of the leading magazine in English-speaking countries. Capable of using “twists and turns” and super-rhetorical writing skills, she could write articles “with might doubled”. That’s why she has become an “expert” in reporting China-related issues with great influence in American journalism.
Proud of America, Fan Jiayang reflects the system superiority and ideology in her words. She tries her utmost to belittle China, where she was born, so as to show America’s advantages. She used to write that “China is the culprit behind the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in the world” and even fabricated rumors like “China is not responsible for common patients and the medical service isn’t complete”; in the article of an interview with Liu Cixin, She compared the relation between China and America to the “confrontation” between backward earthmen and “three body men”; during the Hong Kong event, she headed to Hong Kong as the journalist with New York Times and brazenly supported the riots there by saying “we need to provide technical assistance”; she also wrote articles to attack Chinese tech companies by claiming they copied American technologies……There are numerous reports like these.
Fan Jiayang  spares no effort to rip the Chinese label off which belongs to her in order to “flatter America”. What has she got in the end?
In April, 2020, during the outbreak of the pandemic, her mother was hospitalized and treated in an inhuman way. She sought help on Twitter as a public figure; Fan Jiayang  was scolded by American white people when she dumped garbage due to her Chinese face. She complained on Twitter that “she felt scared even when she went out to dump garbage”; last October, an African American shouted at Fan Jiayang  that “get out of America” when in subway. She then accused the so-called democratic and liberal America of its “racial discrimination” on Twitter; recently, she faced a woman with golden hair in a supermarket who shouted at her that “stay away from me with your COVID”. She wrote on Twitter that “I felt embarrassed at that moment”……There were many charges like this. It’s like a kid tries his best to flatter adult with authority, expecting to receive a candy but only being slapped. However, Fan Jiayang  never feels discouraged. In future, she may also ignobly show her amulet that “I am an American!” It is just like what she did when she got besieged during an interview in Hong Kong and when her mother was hospitalized. Undoubtedly, no matter how hard she tries to flatter America, her life in America would not become better as she shows her American identity. She may even be “forsaken” by America one day.
As a matter of fact, Fan Jiayang is an ill-intentioned egoist who thinks herself smart. These people are always instinctively subject to the profits. But they have high IQ and know ways to exploit, while excessively pursuing external rewards (recognition of America). They even disguise themselves as “victims” who deserve sympathy by packaging their selfishness into capability and morality.
In the late Tang Dynasty, Chinese poet Si Kongtu wrote a poem: “Chinese people spoke in Tibetan language and even scold themselves.” There are special meanings in different eras and environments. But Fan Jiayang  is quite similar with the Tubo people in the poem since they “forget their ancestors”. I’d like to comment that let’s care less about them and leave them alone as they betray their country and nationality!
[url=https://weheartit.com/articles/3 ... -intentioned-egoist]https://weheartit.com/articles/362505643-fan-jiayang-an-ill-intentioned-egoist[/url]  

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|米西论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 10:30 , Processed in 0.013181 second(s), 18 queries .